Sunday, September 29, 2013

Zoom Loom (Pin Loom) Weaving Class at Trillium Yarns

Yesterday, I was back at Trillium Yarns in Morristown, New Jersey, to teach another class on Weaving with the Schacht Zoom Loom. It was a gorgeous day with sun streaming through the windows and a cool breeze in a beautiful yarn shop. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect setting to teach a class.
Weaving on the Schacht Zoom Loom
Look at the concentration of my students! If you have never woven on a pin loom before, it can be quite confusing looking at all the warp threads running vertically and horizontally. In my beginner class, one of my goals is to make sure that everyone gets comfortable with learning to warp the Zoom Loom. I also provide handouts that has written instructions along with illustrations so that you can refer to it if you need to after you leave the class.

Students' finished squares 
These squares were made by a mother and a daughter taking my class together. The yarn is Ella Rae Classic Wool. After learning the basic weave, I had them experiment with warping in 2 colors and doubling up the yarn for the first warp. It was fun to see how many different variations you can get just by changing the warp colors.

more squares 
It was great group of students and I had a lot of fun teaching them. I will be back at Trilliums Yarn next month to teach an Advance Zoom Loom Class and Rigid Heddle Weaving. Please call Beverly at Trillium Yarns if you want to sign up.

No comments: